boiler suitable for combined f+e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i am currently running pipe work for a new heating system, i have yet to sort out the gas supply pipe and get a boiler installed, i hope gas engineers will be looking for work in a few weeks. It appears i thought i was doing myself a favour by going for a combined f and e but have since heard on here that onlt some boiler can be connected to this system, have a still good a good choice of quality boilers or not? 4 bed house with water cylinder and ensuite.

Sponsored Links
I would recommend dropping the open vent boiler, which is what you are describing and go for a system boiler.

The whole system will last longer and be more reliable.

Combined f&e is just one way that a open vent heating system/boiler can be configured.

hello i am currently running pipe work for a new heating system, i have yet to sort out the gas supply pipe and get a boiler installed, i hope gas engineers will be looking for work in a few weeks. It appears i thought i was doing myself a favour by going for a combined f and e but have since heard on here that onlt some boiler can be connected to this system, have a still good a good choice of quality boilers or not? 4 bed house with water cylinder and ensuite.

Sorry but I didn`t understand a word of that, maybe I`m too young, what system do you have and what are you talking about? what is a combined f& e, ? what the fook are you rambling on about, what`s worse is other fitters know what you are talkin about? Or pretend to. :rolleyes:

What is an f&e system Gas4you, I only ask because I`m ignorant. Help me out here. I`d do you a favour mate. :D

Bamber, are you drunk? :eek:

I would also recommend a sealed system rather than open vent.

Sponsored Links
What is an f&e system Gas4you, I only ask because I`m ignorant. Help me out here. I`d do you a favour mate. :D

A combined f&e is simply where the feed, expansion and vent pipe is one and the same, connected to the bottom of the f&e tank.

It must be a minimum size of 22mm. I believe it was first brought in many years ago by BG to overcome pumping over problems.

Personally I don't like it, but then who am I to say otherwise :rolleyes:

Bamber, are you drunk? :eek:

No, no, no of course I know what a combined f& e is, don`t be silly, it`s just that he was going on about a new system and I thought, (well it doesn`t matter).... but when he said he was going revolutionary I didn`t expect him to come up with a combined f&e, as we all know has been the solution to every badly installed conventional system.

Sorry if it makes no sense. :rolleyes:

It didn`t strike me that someone would recommend a conventional set up which is pants. Sorry misinterpreted the whole shooting match. :oops:

I will have to defer to your greater sense of irony

What the f*uck does that mean? I wasn`t being ironic, I was talking through my Aristotle again. :rolleyes:

Oops

Stupid mogget gets the wrong end of the stick again :oops:

That`s o,k, my sweetie I didn`t realise that you were a wiltshire lass....

all the more reason to not be so f* ucking stupid you barn dwelling, hay chewing cloth eared bint!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back