Boiler tap left open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, experts. A couple of months ago, there was a need to have our Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 (closed system) boiler looked at. Today, I was monitoring the system's water pressure, and saw that one (only) of the two taps underneath the boiler (they are fixed to a horizontal pipe immediately underneath the boiler casing, for topping up the boiler/system with more water, to keep the pressure level correct) had been left open. When the boiler was first installed, years ago, the engineer that installed it showed me how to top up the pressure, and he warned me that, if one of these taps was left open, it could damage the boiler.

In spite of the failure to close both taps last time they were opened, the boiler does seem to be working OK. So, you may wonder why I am concerned enough to make this posting. Well, for one thing, I like to learn; the other reason is that I wonder whether some slight damage could have been done, that does not show itself in a dramatic way, or that may affect the boiler later on.

Can someone please comment on this?
With thanks in the hope of some informed comment,
A.W.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back