Boiler thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have an S-plan system. TRVs on all rads & no room stat. Cylinder has a stat (set for 65 C ish).

Sometimes when cylinder at temp (or sometimes when HW off, and CH only on), the boiler will turn off. I thought it would run permanently as there is no room stat.

Is this the Boiler stat reaching setpoint and turning the flames off?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes.

And get a room stat. It's more efficient.

We have an S-plan system. TRVs on all rads & no room stat. Cylinder has a stat (set for 65 C ish).
An S-plan has two motorized vales, for hot water and heating. They are controlled by thermostats. If you only have a stat on the HW cylinder, how is the CH valve controlled?

The cylinder stat only needs to be at 60°C; anything higher is just wasteful.

An S-plan has two motorized vales, for hot water and heating. They are controlled by thermostats. If you only have a stat on the HW cylinder, how is the CH valve controlled?

That was my question. In the absence of a room stat (room stat connection block is linked out), what is causing the boiler to turn off (in a situation where HW is off or not being called for)? Is it the boiler stat?

I'm planning on fitting a CM927 in the lounge (setting the 2 lounge TRVs to max). I'll also get someone round in the summer to fit an auto bypass valve (replace the 15mm gate valve) & drain/refill/balance the system. I'll use that opportunity to renew all TRVs and replace the lounge ones for normal valves.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back