Boiler tripping circuir breaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm having problems with the circuit breaker blowing on a boiler. Problem started with a faulty pump and long standing fault on a 3 port valve, Honeywell V4073A, both replaced. Breaker then started to trip when you put system on. I disconnected the pump, valve and cylinder stat, breaker stayed on. Re-connected pump and valve, still ok, but tripped when cylinder stat connected. Tested stat and it gave a short one way when fully on and a short the other way when switched off, which seems ok? The stat wasn't disconnected previously but the pump and valve obviously were, now a bit unsure if I've re-connected them properly. Photo of the chocolate block connections attached. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
need more info on the wiring, what do the reds, browns and yellow connect to.....
I disconnected the pump, valve and cylinder stat
The stat wasn't disconnected previously
you seem to be contradicting yourself, or am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies...

Mick, what I meant was that the cylinder stat hadn't been disconnected before I started to have problems with the breaker tripping, whereas the pump and 3 port valve had both been replaced.

The yellow is a permanent 240v from terminal 1 on the programmer, a Danfoss Set 2. One of the red's is coming from terminal 4 on programmer. The brown connected to the yellow is from the tank stat. The brown connected to the Red is from the pump, which in turn is connected to the orange from 3 port valve. The black from the tank stat is connected to the grey from the 3 port valve. The white from the 3 port valve is connected to a red but unsure where that's from? Not sure if that's any help..?

Picasso, thanks for the link, very useful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back