boiler turning itself off

if you open the bleed valve and nothing happened then theirs no water their did you hear air release ?

did the f/e empty when you drained the system, did you see the tank empty ?

Sponsored Links
Tank definately emptied I saw it was empty when I untied the ballcock, could not hear any air or get any water at that bleed valve, I took screw right out.

"that bleed valve" is probably blocked. A pin will clear it, but be ready to put the screw back in quick-smartish (water may pi** out)

Sponsored Links
Yeah I can get a hose in, access is pretty easy as loft is already converted.
Thanx mick yeah figured I might have to try and unblock it, I'll try that when I get home tomorrow. we've only had the house for twelve months and nothing has been touched in here since the house was built in 1984 :LOL:
Thanx too seco for all the advice I'll try again tomorrow. Gotta hit the sack up early for work many thanx guys

OK
Managed to unblock that bleed valve got rid of an airship full of air. :D Went round for half an hour checking for any other blockages and guess what we're back up and running, mind you I can see this system is a b-----d :mad: to bleed. Just got one radiator staying cold now, but Ill completely flush the system when I've re-located the bathroom.
Thanx for all the help seco services you've been a godsend and to twgas too the tip about the bleed valve was spot on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back