Boiler Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently going through the process of getting quotes for a boiler upgrade to a combi, so i can run a shower off it. My old boiler is old and passed it.
Can anyone recomend a size and a make of boiler. So far i have been quoted for worcester 28 KW and the 30kw model, i know that worcester are meant to be good but the cost is about £2500

I live in a medium sized detached house with 8 radiators

is there any reasonable alternatives to Worcester? :?:
Possibly cheaper

Sponsored Links
The only better alternative to Worcester will be the Vaillants I fit. The Ecotec Plus 831 is what I would go for, but the cost will be about the same.

Without knowing your circumstances or any details of the property its impossible to suggest a suitable type and power of boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I disagree Tony; with a property this size all you need to know is the HW usage. If OP has mainly showers and a few baths then a 31Kw will be firn and can be range rated down I would think to around 15Kw for the ch.

If they have a majority of baths then I would recommend the 837 and again range rate the ch down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back