Boiler upgrade

That's a pretty low budget, and certainly wouldn't buy the Worcester 8000 40kW and 300l Megaflo you originally suggested, let alone the ancillaries and pipework required to actually install them. A Joule Cyclone connected to an Intergas Rapid Plus could just about squeeze in under budget I think, but it would be tight

Sponsored Links
That's a pretty low budget, and certainly wouldn't buy the Worcester 8000 40kW and 300l Megaflo you originally suggested, let alone the ancillaries and pipework required to actually install them. A Joule Cyclone connected to an Intergas Rapid Plus could just about squeeze in under budget I think, but it would be tight

Yes your right. This is on budget

Package Deal Summary Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 637 System Boiler, Rapide Cylinder & Fernox Omega Pack
  • 1 x Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 637 (ErP) System Boiler Only
    included
  • 1 x Vaillant Standard Horizontal Flue c/w Elbow and Terminal
    included
  • 1 x Fernox TF1 Omega Filter 22 mm (No Valves)
    included
    1 x Fernox F1 Protector 500ml
    included
    1 x Fernox F3 Cleaner 500ml
    included
  • 1 x everflo Rapide+ 300 L Indirect Unvented Hot Water Storage Cylinder & Kit
    £159.60
£2,639.93 Inc Vat
£2,199.94 Exc Vat

I know I will need expansion valves etc so with the above and the bits and pieces I think I could get it around £2500 exc vat.

Ah, didn't realise you meant £2500+vat in your original post. That's a bit more realistic. Again though, beware of oversizing the boiler - it'll just be inefficient and cost more to run. Also be aware that Vaillant, like Worcester, are only really properly efficient when running on their own brand of controls, which are expensive.

Sponsored Links
What boiler is recommended that are efficient on any brand controls? I’m in a similar position and recommended a very similar setup as above although thought it was over sized and I run a Drayton wiser system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back