Boiler will not ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a problem with a potterton performa 28 combi that will not ignite. It was performing fine untill the system was drained to refit a radiator (loose brackets and kinked pipe) now fixed.

The system has been filled via loop and is at 1 bar, when heating or hot water selected the fan and pump can be heard running but after approx 10 seconds a flashing LED comes on indicating a fault on the fan or flue, the system makes no attempt to fire up.

All rads have been bled, there seems to be no link to the work carried out and the problem, the system was down for approx 4 hours for the initial repair before attempting to switch back on.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
There is probabally a manual reset o/h stat on the flow pipe on the left coming down from the burner chamber. Needs button pressed to reset after turning off power to boiler.

If so then its because you did not turn off boiler when you drained rads and someone tried to use DHW.

Tony

Hi Tony
Thanks for that, I have had a corgi reg plumber have a look, he mentioned the same but he could not find an internal reset button, the boiler does have a reset via the main switch(turn anti clockwise) but this has no effect. He said it could be the PCB or to call Potterton's

I will have a look as you suggested but this can only be at the weekend, (problem is at son's house), any other likely possibilities you could think of?.
Many thanks

ive just changed an air pressure switch on a performa less than 2 yrs old

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply's
One other thing we have established is that the fan and pump continue to run on even though the boiler has failed to ignite, surely the system should shut these down if it has detected a fault?.
TKS

SOmeone would have to diagnose on site now from knowledge of the boiler. But the pcb's on those were flaky - flashing the 50 light when they fail. 248074 was replaced with 5112380 , "i" / "Instant" ones are 248731, - all iirc! Part number in the manual can be wrong, by the way/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back