Boiler will not switch off when the timer clicks off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a Worcester Danesmooor 15/19 oil boiler and a Drayton LP522 programmer in the airing cupboard. This is all wired in to a junction box and works fine until the timer clicks off and the boiler stays on. The red light on the boiler will not go out and I have to cut the power at the junction box to stop the heating at night, otherwise the pump hums away merrily all night.
There are two mid position valves one of which appears to move OK when the heating is switched on to HW and CH.

I was considering changing the Drayton programmer but will take advice if anyone believes they can help in this issue.

Sponsored Links
if its a sticky valve yes

you can remove the actuator and try

if a switch it won't do any good

you can replace the switch if you feel competent ;)

Sponsored Links
if its a sticky valve yes

you can remove the actuator and try

if a switch it won't do any good

you can replace the switch if you feel competent ;)

Hi KevPlumb
thanks for that. When you say Microswitch, you mean there is a small replaceable switch inside the 2 way valve? Forgive my ignorance I am not an engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back