Fitting a new Programer/Timer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm attempting to fit a new Drayton Lp522 programmer in place of my very old timer switch (pics below) to give me more flexibility for timing the HW and CH to come on at different times I thought it would be a straight forward job but I'm a little confused why there are bridge connections in the old timer switch? Do you think I will need to completely rewire the junction box?

Sponsored Links
First Question: Does the existing timer allow you to have the Heating on by itself? Or must you have the Hot Water on at the same time?

First Question: Does the existing timer allow you to have the Heating on by itself? Or must you have the Hot Water on at the same time?

Thanks for the prompt responce.

The heating can be put on by itself but as you can see the old timer only lets you time one or the other or both at the same time

Here's another pic showing the mid position valve and pump in case it helps

It would help if you posted a picture of the information that can just be seen in picture two above terminals 6 to 10. The diagram that shows what each of the numbered terminals should be connected to. Photos of the wires don't always help, because different installers may use different colours for the same purpose.

A bridge is not unusual. Many programmers have potential free contacts (ie not connected to anything internally) so that they can be used to switch different voltages, so when they are required to switch 230 V live then a bridge is used to link the contact to the live supply for the clock.

Sponsored Links
Wire as follows:

ACL -------LP522
1 (Red) ------ L
2 (Blue) ----- N
3 ------------- N/A
4 ------------- N/A
5 ------------- N/A
6 (Red) ------ 3
7 ------------- N/A
8 (Yellow) ---- 1
9 ------------- N/A
10 (Blue) ----- 4

There is no need for any links between the terminals on the LP522 as any links required have been installed internally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back