Boiler wiring

So come on guys give the guy some pointers of what to look for which will stop it working. Never mind if it complies with regulations.
Well said!

Kind Regards, John.

Quite right well said.. BUT

From the pic I am unable to work out the wiring diagram [with certainty] and and as he or she has someone coming in to look at it in the near future I see no reason to start asking him [or her] to be pulling wires about and risking them coming adrift, making the visitors job even harder.
With the terminology used by the OP I think this will be a very steep up hill struggle to attempt to diagnose remotely and as there is a visit by an expert pending I see no gain by spending my time giving advice so he can create further problems.
Of course I am possibly very wrong with my assumptions.

A observation that the JB does not conform with regs is one of disgust that they are still on sale and being fitted, possibly by people who are not qualified or, judging by my significant experiences, technically competent to do so. This particular example is in fact quite a well made one by comparison.

Sponsored Links
Quite right well said.. BUT From the pic I am unable to work out the wiring diagram [with certainty] and and as he or she has someone coming in to look at it in the near future I see no reason to start asking him [or her] to be pulling wires about and risking them coming adrift, making the visitors job even harder.
With the terminology used by the OP I think this will be a very steep up hill struggle to attempt to diagnose remotely and as there is a visit by an expert pending I see no gain by spending my time giving advice so he can create further problems.
Of course I am possibly very wrong with my assumptions.
Yes, I'm very much inclined to agree with your assumptions - but, to some extent, that even further underlines the pointlessness of responding to the OP's question with comments about the reg-compliance, good/bad practice and neatness of the wiring of the JB.

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back