Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Combi Boiler wired to a honeywell room stat for heating
Boiler is a Vallient. Can the heating still function if I remove the stat.

Can the stat be over ridden by the boiler? or does it need the switch live from the stat

thanks

Sponsored Links
The thermostat tells the boiler that the room is too cold, and the heating should come on, or that it is warm enough, and can go off.

If you remove it, what will turn the heating on and off?

I don't understand what you mean by "Can the stat be over ridden by the boiler?"

What model of Vallient boiler do you have?
Do you have TRVs on your radiators?
For what reason do you wish to remove the room stat?

The room stat adds functionality by sensing the temp in a certain room and switching on or off.

If the Boiler does not have that added switch, I presume you could still have heating by using the boilers controls. You use the boiler on off buttons or timer.

If that switch was removed for what ever reason, and the switch live was taken away, is it still possible to switch the heating on using only boiler controls, or is the fact that if it was wired to use a stat, thats the only way it will work

This is the stat. I was not wired in very well and is using the CPC as a live conductor.

Blue went to 2 G/Y went to 3 and Brown to 1

I have looked for a wiring diagram for this but I am unsure I am getting the same item
This is a similar stat
View media item 43282
I presume blue is neutral
Brown Perm and G/Y switch.

Sponsored Links
The boiler can be wired to operate without a room thermostat. However this will mean:

a. the installation will not comply with building regulations
b. when the heating is on, the building will get excessively hot, as there will be no control over the temperature.
c. vast amounts of fuel and money will be wasted.

If the problem is that the existing thermostat uses the CPC as a switched line, then the solution is cheap and simple - replace the thermostat with a 2 wire type.

Thanks
Its only a temporary measure for decorating.

The new stat is a two wire model. Problem is they must be a junction box some where as the wires that enter the boiler do not match the wires that leave the stat. I guess i continuity test will sort them out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back