Boiler woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a Worcester greenstar 42cdi boiler with a small problem,
the boiler is run from a 2.5k ltr LPG tank that was filled 3 months ago so there is plenty of fuel,
I do have hot water but no central heating.

Earlier in the year when there was no need for heating I took the batteries out of the thermostat rather than mess around putting timings in for when and when not to have hot water/heating, after that I never looked at the boiler as hot water was there on demand, with temps falling, winter approching, a wife and baby(8 months) to keep warm I tried at the weekend to put the heating on, new batteries in the thermostat and working fine, display has correct time, room temp and is calling for gas ect.

The boiler has nothing on its display apart from 026 which flashes intermittantly,
Ive tried resetting the boiler, pressing all the buttons, turned it off at the power and waited, Ive even removed the digital display from its housing and pulled its connecting ribbon from the boiler which sent it in to shut down, put it back and 026 is back flashing at me, the boiler pressure is constant at around 1.5 bar.

Has anyone any clue as to what the fault/problem may be and how I go about rectifying it?

many thanks in advance(y)

Sponsored Links
Not 100% but the 26 could be the primary water temp. Sometimes when you take batteries out of stats you have to marry it back to the reciever. Does the 26 change when you run the hot water ? Also what make/model is the stat ?
Is it a combi/regular or system boiler ?

Hi Gigz,
there is no change to the digital display on the boiler when hot water is run, the 026 remains :( the boiler is a combi that has the DT10RF Digistat as is the wall mounted stat

Take the stat to the reciever and call for heat. Is the light on the reciever going red ? Carp stats those by the way, had loads of bother with them so don't use them anymore. If its not registering with the reciever try re-sincing them(instructions on the web if you don't have them). If it is goosed i now use plumcentre brand stats, at around £40 they're very good.

Sponsored Links
Resynchronise the transmitter and receiver, can't remember the exact process but you need to press a few buttons to get the receiver into pairing mode

Resynchronise the transmitter and receiver, can't remember the exact process but you need to press a few buttons to get the receiver into pairing mode
Ive pressed every button so many times on the reciever but none of the functions work 026 remains so I cant pair anything

McCombi,
do you know is it possible to run the boiler without the stat and reciever and if so how?

Rather than just "pushing buttons", why not look up to see exactly which buttons to press?

Tony

Here you go. Batteries out of thermostat.
Press set on receiver 4 times
Ok
Set 4 times (shows Lrn off)
Press + (shows on antenna)
Refit batteries

Tony,
Just in case you have not read the thread in its entirity and I'm guessing you haven't the reciever ONLY shows 026 it doesn't matter which button I press! there is no other function available...nothing, nadda, zero, zilch.

ollski,
many thanks for your efforts (y)

Yes, but have you followed what Ollski has described?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back