Greenstar 28i Junior Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this boiler and every now and again it doesn't kick in and I have to turn the remote Siemans thermostat up. Today I came home and the thermostat display wasn't showing. I changed batteries but and display working now but heating still not coming on. Pressed reset several times and not sure what else to do. The water is heating up and boiler fires up when put hot water on but just goes off again. I don't ever remember changing batteries in 7 years since had boiler. I have put Panasonic ones in so not sure if worth getting Duracell. Hope someone can help. Does anyone know if there is a way of turning boiler on manually.

Sponsored Links
You may want to re-post this in the Central heating forum. They will be all over it like a leaky pipe.

Based on nothing more than a hunch. Is it possible that the battery failure and resets mean it has defaulted back to a default frequency. This means it is not communicating with the base unit. You may have to "pair" them again.

But, repost in the central heating forum and you will get more learned responses.

has been moved
please don't repost
mod

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back