Boilermate II no central heating but hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Drained down boilermate to work on rads and as thought boilermate would not refill. Tried to backfill through rad ( already of the wall so valve easily accessable) and rads now full of water.

Problem now is no hot water in rads.

Couple of questions :

1.Taps have very hot water so assume that boilermate is full of hot water even though it doesnt feel warm.correct?

2.Return pipe very hot on both sides of pump and pump definately working on all speeds as i can hear it push water around at different speeds. Flow pipe to bottom of boilermate-Pipe only lukewarm under pump but hot above. Cant hear if this pump running on more than one speed but is definately running as i have taken the bleed valve off and spindle is rotating. No water dripping out of bleed valve though.

why oh why have i got no hot water in rads?

Sponsored Links
You need to check the ch pump again. The one that is working just controls the flow between boiler and boiler mate.

It may be as simple as an airlock.

The top pump is working. I thought this was the return to the boiler from the boilermate - have i got this the wrong way around? Even if i have i thought it would still get the rads a bit warm?

Bottom pump is the supsect one. Tried running on all three speeds and bleeding . Any ideas how to get the airlock out?

Help greatly appreciated.

they are usually labeled.

if the pump is turning but nowt is happening i would check the BM2 is full. if you are backfilling these the only way to do it reliably is through the open vent. then as the inevitable airlock is moved when the pump is restarted top up as necessary

Sponsored Links
Just a simple one to check as I've had it loads of times. Make sure no-one has turned the boiler thermostat down because if the boiler doesn't get the dhw store up to a certain temp it'll keep trying and won't let the ch come on.

yes bled radiators. Thermostat set to above 30 degrees to get it hot. Set boilermate to max on winter as well. Pretty sure not boiler thermocouple as evrything appears to be fine there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back