Boilermate II with Potterton Suprima 40-Hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I really hope someone can offer some much needed advice, over the passed two weeks we have had intermittent problems with our Heating and Hot water.
The first engineer to come out from our insurance company said the Suprima probably needed a new PCB, but our boiler had that replaced last year so he then suggested it may need a new thermostat. But at the time the system had started to work again so it was left. Several days later we were getting up in the morning to no hot water, so I called them out again and this time it was a different engineer. He determined that the connection between the Boilermate and the Suprima wasn't working properly and it wasn't able to call on the suprima to heat the water. He checked the wiring on the Boilermate and said that there was a loose connection which he had sorted out.
However where as when we used to have a shower the boilermate and the Suprima would come on to replenish the hot water, now nothing happens unless you physically move the Store temperature dial into the Winter (red) section, then the green light on the boliermate comes on and then shortly afterwards the Boiler fires up and we get hot water again.
The heating appears to be working ok now and when the room thermostat is clicked on the boilermate comes on and then the boiler fires up.
Any advice would be really appreciated as my husband and I know nothing of how these things work, although I have read the Installation and running notes for the Boilermate II from cover to cover!
Also the Gledhill site says it does not deal directly with the public :rolleyes:
and whenever an engineer comes out they don't seem to know anything about the Boilermate and how it works!
Thanks

Another problem:
**Just clicked the room thermostat on, could hear pump on boilermate start up, but it seemed to just use whatever heat it had stored to warm the radiators, but didn't call on the Boiler for any more so radiators eventually went cold. I have had to turn the boilermate 'Store Temp Dial' (on the front) into the 'Winter' (Red) section to initiate the firing of the Bolier**

Sponsored Links
Call gledhill and ask them for any approved agents in your area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back