Gledhill Boilermate II - No Hot Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hot water lasts only 10-20 seconds before turning cold.Both PCBs appear to be working.
Thermostat switches power on though does not last very long
Could I have a faulty thermostat or could an air lock possibly be the problem.Problem only started recentl

Central Heating works fine
Boilermate II - Model FE185
Boiler model - Suprima 50

Sponsored Links
What you have is a heatstore.
Is the store actually hot?
The hot water is heated (I think!) in a heat exchanger fitted on the right side of the main tank. If the water gets hot momentarily the most likely expalnation is that the pump / valve(s) that control the flow of water from the tank through the HX are not working right.

Is the pump actually running? Poke a long screwdriver onto the pump casing and listen to the handle. If you can hear a whirring noise - it is. Otherwise not.

This is equipment specific. You could try searching the forum for Boilermate, or ring the technical dept of Gledhill. They can tell you the answer very quickly.

Has the Feed and expansion tank got any water in it :?:
Check this link http://www.gledhill.net/water-storage/downloads/technical-manuals/boilermatemain.pdf for manual. Dont know if its exact model but should give you a clue...>> Check the GC numbers at the start.
The number is in there for tech advice

Just had a look through the bumff

I would be checking the pump on the plate heat exchanger circuit as already suggested and the plate heat exchanger itself if the onset of this problem was gradual and especially if you live in a hard water area.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if pump is actually running although it is being supplied with juice
Heatstore does not feel as warm as I would expect it to be.
A few days before the problem started our water supply was off and we had dirty water also
F&E tank was empty - though have manually filled this as I appear to have a blocked ball valve
If the boilermate tank is not full would this give me Cental heating but no hot water
There appears to be bleed valve above the boiler return pump, I have tried opening this to bleed system but no water comes out hence my thinking that an air lock could be the problem.
Is there a way of being completely sure that the pump is operating

Thanks for your assistance so far :p

eye_anim.gif
eye_anim.gif

F&E tank was empty - though have manually filled this as I appear to have a blocked ball valve
If the boilermate tank is not full would this give me Cental heating but no hot water

Good chance that was the problem thats why I asked the question ;)

I see Kev gets his large numbers of posts by posting single or multiple smilies only. We ought to have a useful contents gauge as well. :LOL:

The part needed is a Gledhill GT153 hot water sensor, costs about £20. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back