Boiller losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Valliant combi boiler in a basement flat. I've been seeing the pressure drop to zero. It used to take about a week but now it drops to zero after about 2 days. I refill to 1 bar and it drops to zero again.

I'm guessing its a leak, but is there anything I can test I before getting an engineer in?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
check the expansion relief pipe from boiler (the one that goes to outside & is open ended) Check to see if it,s dripping. Also check all visible pipework for signs of water leakage ;)

thanks - I will attempt to check the expansion relief pipe. The problem is finding it (new flat with everything boxed and hidden away)

Certainly no leakages on any of the pipes I can see.

Pressure the boiler to 1.5 bar, then close the flow and return isolation valves,
leave boiler switched off for a couple of hours, if pressure drops then boiler leak otherwise a system leak.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this tip - do I need to switch the boiler completely off (i.e. no hot water)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back