Bolt tool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone identify this tool please - and the missing handle?

It's about 18cm / 7 inches long

bolt_tool_panorama_zpsfd74c564.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
long ago, my old dad had a Stanley Ratchet screwdriver kit, where the drivers slotted into the handle using that kind of finned shaft.

It is possible that your tool was intended to go into some kind of handle. It would have been quite light duty as hex socket spanners usually have a forged square drive.

Thanks,

Hex socket spanner, well I better look for one of those: had to wrench this one with pliers to upgrade my car radio - only thing which would budge the bolts under the dash :eek:

Sponsored Links
the modern equivalent would be a 1/4" or 3/8" socket set, the 1/4" ones often come with a screwdriver-like spinner handle, often with a weak ratchet in it, but they now come with a straight extension to go between the handle and the socket, rather than, like yours, having an extension seemingly fixed to the socket. The ratchet handles break easily. The square drive is much stronger than the fins on yours.

Sets vary from about 99p to about £100

http://www.screwfix.com/p/teng-tools-modular-drive-socket-set-35pcs/24631

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-101-P...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2a3ed76561

cheap sets often also come with a multitude of screwdriver bits, most of which you will never use, or the bit holder will be too bulky to fit in a tight place. I have one in the tray under the engine of my car, where it fell out of the handle.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
A car screwdriver - usually comes with a reversible shank.

I would not buy a new handle unless its cheap - the whole nut driver tool is not that expensive.

(I have 2 sets of imperial and metric sizes somewhere lol).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back