Bomber Command a memorial about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So at last Bomber command has a memorial ...........Absolutely disgusting they didn't get a campaign medal.

Ok the spitfire was a defensive fighter but the Lancaster took the war to the Nazi's.

It would seem that in the current climate people feel Bomber command was in error for laying waste vast swathes of German towns and cities, killing women and children in the process.

Harris when seeing London bombed is reported as saying "Well they've sown the wind and will reap the whirlwind"
What seems to have disappeared in the mists of time is that they were acting under orders and that somehow they made all the decisions.
Much to Arthur Harris disgust Churchill distanced himself from the aftermath of the destruction at the end of the war.

Did the bombing campaign in effect win the war in the end ? Absolutely.

Sponsored Links
It were't Germans that started it though. A fact many politically correct historians seem to forget. London was bombed well before Berlin ever was.
Far too many apologists about these days though. They apologise for almost anything that happened in history. (even if it was 300 yrs ago, they'll apologise) ;) ;)

It were't Germans that started it though. A fact many politically correct historians seem to forget. London was bombed well before Berlin ever was.
Far too many apologists about these days though. They apologise for almost anything that happened in history. (even if it was 300 yrs ago, they'll apologise) ;) ;)

How did the Germans not start it ? they goosestepped in to Poland and wouldn't get out when we told them to ! so we declared war on them.

...the Nazi's...

... vast swathes of German towns and cities, ...women and children ....
and schools, and hospitals, of course, and entire cities burned to ashes.

all of them were Nazis?

Not such an open-and-shut case as you make out.

Sponsored Links
Dresden and Cologne were just revenge attacks. A customer of mine father was in the Dresden raids - he never got over it. 70,000 people died when the war was already won. His conscience never did forgive him.

Dresden and Cologne were just revenge attacks. A customer of mine father was in the Dresden raids - he never got over it. 70,000 people died when the war was already won. His conscience never did forgive him.

Dresden was a key rail transport intersection, produced bomb sights and all sorts of precision instruments for the was effort, the casualty figures were initially inflated by the Nazis for propaganda purposes.
Recently read a well researched book on the subject definitely a legitimate target, Cologne I cannot comment as I haven't researched that one.

How did the Germans not start it ? they goosestepped in to Poland and wouldn't get out when we told them to ! so we declared war on them.

I did mean the Germans started the bombings of civilian targets (apparently by mistake). but then thought "what the heck, lets continue."

Joe. no mention of the Americans attacks on Tokyo where they torched the majority of the city with incendiary devices then.
FWIW,, war is war. Rules go out the window and it's usually civilians that suffer.

http://www.counter-currents.com/2011/02/dresden-a-real-holocaust/

Yes a fire storm 400mph winds a conflageration.............

6,000,000 million exterminated .........

Ask the concentration camp inmates that survived the war to be liberated by the victors if it wasn't justified. Total War who coined that phrase.....

No-one has ever found the ashes of 6,000,000 people and no-one has ever been charged with operating a gas chamber. In fact - you get locked up to suggest that it isn't accurate. Why is that?

Now watch the thread get locked.

No-one has ever found the ashes of 6,000,000 people and no-one has ever been charged with operating a gas chamber. In fact - you get locked up to suggest that it isn't accurate. Why is that?

Now watch the thread get locked.

Tell me, do you believe the Holocaust happened or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back