Bomber Command a memorial about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
FWIW,, war is war. Rules go out the window and it's usually civilians that suffer.

Yes, as you say. So it is not an open and shut case to celebrate one of the many terrible things that happened.

Dresden and Cologne were just revenge attacks. A customer of mine father was in the Dresden raids - he never got over it. 70,000 people died when the war was already won. His conscience never did forgive him.

25,000 confirmed by Dresden council.

You lot quibble over how many tens of thousands died. The worrying thing is humanity hasn't learned and I reckon we would do it again.

Sponsored Links
No-one has ever found the ashes of 6,000,000 people and no-one has ever been charged with operating a gas chamber. In fact - you get locked up to suggest that it isn't accurate. Why is that?

Now watch the thread get locked.

Tell me, do you believe the Holocaust happened or not ?

Dunno - there is no evidence either way and no investigation is ever launched.

FWIW,, war is war. Rules go out the window and it's usually civilians that suffer.

Yes, as you say. So it is not an open and shut case to celebrate one of the many terrible things that happened.

Celebrate ? Bomber command paid one of the heaviest costs in life of all the armed service's, No official recognition has been forthcoming from the authorities for the sacrifices those young men made.

Recognition yes, celebrate No.

I'm sure , that within days of the posts on here concerning Dresden,,, Ed Miliband will stand up before parliament and apologise to the present citizens of Dresden. He'll no doubt invite the Mayor of Dresden over and offer billions of pounds in recompense. In an effort , not to be outdone, Cameron and Clegg, will fly over to Germany, to meet with Angela Merkel and ask "How much UK money do you need to forget all about Bomber Command?"

You lot quibble over how many tens of thousands died. The worrying thing is humanity hasn't learned and I reckon we would do it again.

I would go so far as to say there is more trouble now than there was in the second world war. In the second world war it was the Allies vs the Axis,

Now there's instability all over the world .........

The next war will be a religious one I fear.

No-one has ever found the ashes of 6,000,000 people and no-one has ever been charged with operating a gas chamber. In fact - you get locked up to suggest that it isn't accurate. Why is that?

Now watch the thread get locked.

Tell me, do you believe the Holocaust happened or not ?

Dunno - there is no evidence either way and no investigation is ever launched.

Nice try

It's true. No investigation has ever taken place. Israel won't allow it.

as it happens i am watching the recording and 74% through
whilst i dont agree with picking on soft civilian targets you cannot blame or take away from the heroism off the aircrews
its the politicians the admirals and those in power at the time they are the ones who scruples and morals we should be questioning

I would go so far as to say there is more trouble now than there was in the second world war. In the second world war it was the Allies vs the Axis,

Now there's instability all over the world .........

The next war will be a religious one I fear.

I'm ok then as i'm not religous. :cool: :cool:

as it happens i am watching the recording and 74% through
whilst i dont agree with picking on soft civilian targets you cannot blame or take away from the heroism off the aircrews
its the politicians the admirals and those in power at the time they are the ones who scruples and morals we should be questioning

I think also we should ask the civilian populace of the time in cities such as Coventry, Plymouth and London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back