Bonding 6mm Pebbles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a patio made up of random sand-stone slabs, would like to fill in the (some large) gaps with 6mm pebbles. Thought I might try and keep them there with some Resin (poured on afterwards?).Any advice on what to use and where to get it??

Sponsored Links
I guess the effect you are after is that it looks like pebbles but its solid and does not pick up dirt? My comments start with keep it cool. This is so the resin can run down into the mass and only leave a little coating on the top surfaces. In fact I would go so far as to suggest put the pebbles in the freezer in small bags. Take out a bag, empty it in a tray and give it a shake for a few seconds to get rid of any ice particles. Then put the pebbles into another tray that has a little resin in it and give it a swirl to try and get some resin on the pebbles, once you are happy, tip the pebbles to where you want them. Clean the resin out of tray #2 with acetone. Repeat until the 2 tons of pebbles have been done :)
Frank

Thanks Frank for comprehensive reply, was wondering what type of resin, and where from. Have already filled some gaps with pebbles, is it not possible to just pour resin over these to saturate. (I hope!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back