Bonding gas and water

13 Oct 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I need to bond my gas and water mains do I take these back to the board remove the earth connector block and earth the incoming feeds back to the board or connect the gas and water earth to the earth connector block

From the board to the earth connector block and from there to the outer sheath of the incoming supply is 16mm earth.

Sponsored Links
In your situation you can take the Main Equipotential Bonding conductors (MEB's) back to the Main Earthing Terminal (MET).

They should be unbroken & fitted within 600mm of the stopcock on the consumer's side of the pipe, in the case of water, and within 600mm of meter on the gas installation pipe (consumer's side), before any tees.

If the gas meter is external, the MEB can be attached where the pipework enters the building.

In both cases, the connection must be accessible, if by means of a screwed joint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links