Bonding tile to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Got a problem with bonding a tile to a wall. The wall is uneven and the tile is approx 1' x 18". Because of the size of the tile, it's pivoting on the wall makeing it impossible to bond to the wall with the adhesive. There is enough spring in the tile to take up the uneveness of the wall as long as it's securely held while the adhesive sets. The problem is the adhesive is not strong enough to keep the tile on the wall because of the tension in the tile. Is there anything on the market that will stick the little devil on the wall and keep it there?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Until this point, I'd been having a bad day and was pretty p*ssed off. However, your post has totally revitalised me. :LOL: Forgive me.
Ok, we don't bend tiles - if your wall isn't flat, they won't sit flat either. To bend a tile is asking for trouble - even if you could hold it in place while the adhesive goes off, something will give eventually. It'll either pull the adhesive off the wall or it'll eventually crack the tile.

This is exactly why people should consider using a Professional Tiler.

A Professional tiler will be able to "work around" the unevenness of your wall, basically by gradually increasing the amount of adhesive either side the lump, making the run of tiles smooth.

Sponsored Links
now you got me thinking!!! how cool would it be if you could bend tiles! cornering would be so much quicker!! and lots less cutting!! yay for bendy tiles!!!

:cool: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back