Bonding wooden parquet straight to concrete slab - 1940s house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am about to replace the old carpet in my downstairs and have been considering parquet (new blocks) throughout. The question I was hoping to get advice on is what would be the best approach for laying? Bonding the blocks directly to the concrete floor (which is already level) or would it be better to lay some form of insulation down first and then bond the blocks to the insulation? My instinct says bonding to concrete might be more solid, however my head says insulation would be wise.

Any thoughts gratefully received before I push on.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You need a parquet adhesive such as Lecol 5500 and that won't bond direct to insulation, although if you covered the insulation with cement board I think you'd get a decent bond (plus cement board is moisture resistant as well as having insulating properties). One problem might be moisture. Is there a DPM in the floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back