bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently i had main,s water pipe(lead)changed into plastic.Earth bonding cable from CU was connected to main,s water pipe.Not any more.should i disconect from junction box near CU.Two other earth cables from this conecter blok are already connected to mains gas and metal pipe through electric supply cable comes to meter.

Sponsored Links
what sort of supply earth arrangements do you have? see for reference for diagrams and explanations. i take it you have an earth rod or pme?

Do not disconnect this cable, it must be reconnected to the water pipe in the premises. THIS IS A BONDING CONDUCTOR.

It should be 10mm², if not have it upgraded.

Qedelec said:
Do not disconnect this cable, it must be reconnected to the water pipe in the premises. THIS IS A BONDING CONDUCTOR.

It should be 10mm², if not have it upgraded.
It is 10mm,also it is very close to hot and cold water pipes where they entre into bathroom.where do you suggest i connect this cable,anywhere on cold water pipe.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Saleem - why aren't you looking at the info in the OSG to answer these questions?

Perhaps, Ban, he hasn't got one.
After all carrying all that cable probably means his horse needs to rest more often!!

crafty1289 said:
what sort of supply earth arrangements do you have? see for reference for diagrams and explanations. i take it you have an earth rod or pme?
To be honest i do not know where earth rod is or what is pme.Only i can see is an earth block on the wall close to CU. From earthing block One 16mm cable is connected to metal conduit from wherepower supply cable comes into house i mean just before service fuse.one 10mm is connected to cu,one 10mm connected to gas pipe near gas meter and one was connected to water pipe just after main stop cock where water pipe comes into house.Mains water pipe is replased by plastic now.I just need to know where to connect this cable.Can i connect it to any cold water pipe
or it has to be connected to a particular place.There are water pipes going towards bathroom or kitchen very close .Please be honest and simple in advising.
Thank you.

saleem said:
I am not qualified electrition but have good diy knowledge.
saleem said:
I know a bit about electrics but not qualified.I have completed few full house rewires with YEB passes.
saleem said:
To be honest i do not know what is pme.
And you don't even have a copy of the OSG.

And there have been all those questions about connecting a 3kW oven.

Please be honest and simple in advising.
OK - please stop kidding yourself that you know anywhere near enough to be doing the things you do, and call an electrician.

547-02-02
Bonding connections to incoming metal services should be as near as possible to the point of entry of the services to the premises, but on the consumer's side of any insulating section

And take your spurs off when you enter this forum please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back