down light /switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am connecting a junction box into an existing 1.5 cable to feed 6 mains downlighters. my question is how do i connect light switch. do i run cable from jb to light switch but only connect red into top of switch and connect neutral and earth into choc blok and then connect red from out going cable to bottom of switch and neutral and earth into other side of choc blok which then runs on to first lamp lights are wired parrallel and there is no ceiling rose also do i need to fit a fused connector into this

Sponsored Links
What you propose with the connector blocks is fine. Remember to sleeve the bare earth conductors with green + yellow sleeving.

You do not need a fused spur if you are connecting the lights to the lighting circuit (6A MCB / 5A fuse) and are using cable of equal size.

Davy

what i also forgot to add is earth will also need to go to back box thanks for your reply

WHAT IS THE SMALLEST DIAMETER DOWNLIGHT SIZE AVAILABLE I CAN BUY IN 240V AND WHAT WATTAGE BULBS ARE THEY THANKS

Sponsored Links
Do you only have interweb access 1 hour per week??? :confused:

And that button that says "caps lock" on it, USE IT! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back