bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
room has a electric hand dryer, toilet, light and sink. hot and cold feeds are plastic upto the taps. what should be done for bonding? 4mm between H&C (the copper part), hand dryer and light?

Sponsored Links
What sort of room? Doesn't contain a bath or shower, so why do you think any bonding is needed?

Are there particular external influences that concern you?

Is the room in licensed premises?

Whatever - FGS leave the taps alone, they are not extraneous conductive parts.

ban-all-sheds said:
What sort of room? Doesn't contain a bath or shower, so why do you think any bonding is needed?

Are there particular external influences that concern you?

Is the room in licensed premises?

Whatever - FGS leave the taps alone, they are not extraneous conductive parts.

1: just a toilet and sink. just not too sure about bathroom bonding. loads of people i work with all say different things

2: not really

3: no

4: wont touch them

andy said:
1: just a toilet and sink.
So it's not a bathroom then...

just not too sure about bathroom bonding.
It's not difficult

loads of people i work with all say different things
601-04-01:

Local supplementary equipotential bonding complying with Regulation 547-03 shall be provided connecting together the terminal of the protective conductor of each circuit supplying Class I and Class II equipment in zones 1, 2 or 3, and extraneous-conductive-parts in these zones including the following:

(i) metallic pipes supplying services and metallic waste pipes (eg water, gas)

(ii) metallic central heating pipes and air conditioning systems

(iii) accessible metallic structural parts of the building; (metallic door architraves, window frames and similar parts are not considered to be extraneous-conductive-parts unless they are connected to metallic structural parts of the building)

(iv) metallic baths and metallic shower basins.

The supplementary bonding may be provided in close proximity to the location

2: not really
No need to do anything special then.

No need to see if the licensing authority has special requirements.

4: wont touch them
In that case why
andy said:
4mm between H&C (the copper part), hand dryer and light?
???

Sponsored Links
BS 7671 said:
...connecting together the terminal of the protective conductor of each circuit supplying Class I and Class II equipment in zones 1, 2 or 3

Never really understood why you're supposed to bond the CPC of class II equipment. The CPC isn't connected to the class II item, and it won't be exposed, so I don't see the point.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back