Supplementary bonding in a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some help/advice on bonding in a bathroom.

I understand the requirements for main bonding, although one question, is an integral garage classed as point of entry? i.e. a gas meter in the garage needs to be bonded within 600mm of meter, or 600mm after it passes through garage wall into house?

Also have some queries on supplementary.

If a kitchen is supplied from main cold water supply via plastic, then copper again at sink, do the hot & cold feeds (copper) under the sink need to be cross bonded?

Also in a bathroom I understand that with the added risk shock there is a need for extra bonding. Looking at the diagrams in 'on-site guide' it shows cross bonding at each set of taps, and between taps and rads. If all pipes pass through airing cupboard (i.e. hot, cold and central heating) can they just be cross bonded here rather than doubling up on the cross bonding in the bathroom?

Also, when bonding a shower feed, do you just link between shower CPC and copper feed? If so, can this be taken from the shower disconnection switch and bonded onto the shower feed in the ceiling void?

Sorry if these questions sound silly!!

Sponsored Links
An integral garage is classed as you describe.

There is no requirement for supplementary bonding in kitchens.

Supp. bonding in a bathroom can be carried out adjacent to the bathroom so a next door airing cupboard is ok.

Shower can be bonded from the switch.

Thanks for that - nice & clear :)

So once I have bonded main water & gas, and cross bonded pipework in airing cupboard (assuming it's all there) that covers everything apart from any further shower/bathroom areas?

So no need to further cross bond in kitchen?

One other question, I know that main bonding has to be minimum of half of supply CPC, but what size is supplementary bonding suppose to be? Same again?

Sponsored Links
If you look in the wiki at the top of the forum there is a chart for the sizes for supplementary bonding, most instances 4mm is adequate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back