bonnding question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
is it ok to bond over a bit of wood above bricks, 1 inch in height, and 10 inches across then plaster....

thanks

Sponsored Links
Different expansion rates will always mean cracking but it’s so small an area that if it’s thick enough & you apply reinforcing tape over before skimming, the bonding will probably self support & just pull away from the wood if it has to.

To avoid any chance of cracking & if you’ve got enough depth, stick/screw a piece of plasterboard on the timber, tape & plaster over that.

thanks for the reply. im trying to prepare the walls for my plasterer before he starts work in 3 weeks time. also where plaster has come away from brick work, is it ok for me to bond these areas now to fill them so he can plaster over them in 3 weeks time.

it wont cause a problem if the bonding sets, and plaster is done 3 weeks later??

You post refers to bond, bonding & filling & I’m now unsure what you mean! In my original reply, I assumed you meant Bonding plaster? or are you referring to a bonding agent such as PVA?

Sponsored Links
im trying to prepare the walls for my plasterer before he starts work in 3 weeks time. also where plaster has come away from brick work, is it ok for me to bond these areas now to fill them so he can plaster over them in 3 weeks time.
Yes.

it wont cause a problem if the bonding sets, and plaster is done 3 weeks later??
No

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back