Bonsai maintenance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I have a large bonsai that I bought three years ago. It has lost practically all it's leaves on the last year or so. I really know v little about plants so would be grateful for any tips.
I couldn't tell ye what type it is only it's two foot tall and quite heavy!!
Cheers
Marty[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Hi Marty,

Quite a lot here depends on what the species of tree is as this would explain the leaf loss which is the main issue, is it leaf loss in common with the season i.e. autumn(rapid loss of leaves over a couple of days) or slower leaf loss over a few months out of season? slow leaf loss out of season is probably due to stress en route to death (usually due to extremes of soil conditions in bonsai, drought or overwatering) as Bonsai by its nature tend to be kept on pots the soil environment is of the utmost importance and the very hardest thing to get right. generally keep the soil moist but not too wet during the growing season(spr/sum/aut) and do not allow to dry out completely and keep on the dry side during the winter. A lot depends on where the tree is kept as in indoors or out. a lot of the time indoor bonsai suffer from too much heat and lack of humidity in modern homes in common with many houseplants. there are loads of good pocket guides for bonsai keeping, probly be worth a look on the local garden centre.

hope this helps

Thanks bazgood for your nice tips to maintain Bonsai.

Having a query..
Is it possible to get other one bonsai plant from the big one I have?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back