Booster pump for shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a simple and I imagine a problem that many people have. I have been renovating my property and have recently completed the bathroom. I installed a mixer shower (mira thermostatic) that is working well, however the pressure is poor to say the least. I know this is not the fault of the shower. I choose not to install a power shower and was aware (indeed discussed with plumber regarding possible poor pressure) of possible disappointment with the pressure with mixer showers.

Having used it I would like to increase the pressure to a decent standard - ideally that of a power shower and would like advice on my options. Raising the tank in the loft is not an option due to space.

I have never experienced installing or using a mixer shower with a boost pump. How effective are they. Are they easy to install - what are the things to watch out for - ensure the plumber does or does not do?

Any makes/models to use/avoid or particular criteria to look out for when purchasing?

Thanks for any advice/information

Sponsored Links
http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/triton-for-the-homeowner/triton-products/booster-pumps/t22i-22-bar-twin-impeller-pump.aspx

you can download installation guides

the make is not a recomendation it's just the first one i found ;)

spell checker is the pits :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

thanks for this......anyone any experience or other advice?

Sponsored Links
it really is just a case of connecting the hot and cold shower inlets to the pump and the pump inlets to the hot cyl and cold water storage vessel.

the pump is usually installed as near to the hot cylinder as possible...not in the loft or youll need a negative head pump.

you may wanna check the install instructions as to how the pump is connected to the cylinder as some use different flanges (fnar fnar) either surrey, essex or warix (top or side connection).

the pump needs its own fused spur and not plugged into a nearby socket.

HTH

it really is just a case of connecting the hot and cold shower inlets to the pump and the pump inlets to the hot cyl and cold water storage vessel.

the pump is usually installed as near to the hot cylinder as possible...not in the loft or youll need a negative head pump.

you may wanna check the install instructions as to how the pump is connected to the cylinder as some use different flanges (fnar fnar) either surrey, essex or warix (top or side connection).

the pump needs its own fused spur and not plugged into a nearby socket.

HTH

thanks very much

surely your plumber knows what his doing.

If only it was always that simple. In my experience not all plumbers or any trade choose to do there best by you. Some have done and will continue to do a job that they would not do in there own house. Unfortunately you will not know this until the job is done (leading to hassle and stress in getting it fixed or to a standard that is acceptable.

I find it pays to be a bit informed about any job before you ask someone to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back