Boris Johnson asked me to intervene in honours list, says Rishi Sunak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Boris Johnson asked me to intervene in honours list, says Rishi Sunak​

Rishi Sunak has accused Boris Johnson of asking him to "overrule" a panel tasked with vetting his appointments to the House of Lords.
The House of Lords Appointments Commission (HOLAC) has confirmed it rejected eight of the former prime minister's nominations.
Mr Sunak said Mr Johnson asked him to overrule them, or "make promises to people".

Bojo v Rishi round two

There is no love lost between them two. I hope they tear the disgusting party apart so the saner Tories can finally jettison the putrid filth of the brexiteers.

Time it split and left the lickspittle flag shaggers behind and moved into having a positive view rather than punching down and blaming everyone for their failures.

Sponsored Links
I liked the quote "...make promises to people", sez Boris.
:LOL:

"Life goes on..." says Gove, doing his best to wrap police tape around the issue to insist there's 'nothing to see here'.
Fat chance.
Boris will throw all kinds of piffle at Rish! and micturate with great glee into the Tory tent. He'll probably drop a turd-bag on the porch, set it alight and stand there grinning while they try to put out the fire. If de Piffle can't be PM anymore, he'll make damn sure Rish! isn't for much longer.

Last edited:
if Rishi can beat Starmer and I'm not convinced, then he deserves to put BJ in his rear view mirror otherwise he faces the challenge of having BJ back in the leadership contenders to deliver the results that it appears only he can deliver.

If he's still that popular, why is he ducking the recall by-election?

Sponsored Links
It's simply the nasty party doing what it always does...

Putting itself before the country whilst obeying their puppet masters...

Who don't care which particular turd is briefly at the top of the dung heap, since there are always plenty more turds in the making!

if Rishi can beat Starmer and I'm not convinced, then he deserves to put BJ in his rear view mirror otherwise he faces the challenge of having BJ back in the leadership contenders to deliver the results that it appears only he can deliver.

Deliver what results?

Resounding failure.

Do you think Starmer will deliver an 80 seat majority?

If he's still that popular, why is he ducking the recall by-election?

Wot I read yesterday (Grauniad):

- BJ loses: ignominy. No coming back
- BJ wins: Rishi is still leader. BJ rides the backbenches for 5 years. Comeback very unlikely

Neither option is appealing to a raving attention-seeker and egomaniac.

It's simply the nasty party doing what it always does...

Putting itself before the country whilst obeying their puppet masters...

Who don't care which particular turd is briefly at the top of the dung heap, since there are always plenty more turds in the making!
Yeah, not like Labour.

Oh wait, it IS just like labour. So THAT'S where the Tories must have learned it from,
Do you honestly think there’s any difference between them?

Boris claims Rishi is "talking rubbish" about his resignation honours list.

Can't find the actual truth yet, putting it down to journalistic license, but if spoken in the context it's being reported . . . . Boris has just called Rishi a liar.

The truth is a bit complicated, I think. It seems to be to do with the vetting for the HoL, which only seems to be good for 6 months. Johnson seems to have thought it was a formality that his nominees could be revetted every 6 months. Sunak allegedly told him they would have to be re-nominated (by Sunak) and that he wasn't going to give that commitment.

Johnson today:

“Rishi Sunak is talking rubbish. To honour these peerages it was not necessary to overrule Holac – but simply to ask them to renew their vetting, which was a mere formality.”

The Times (Saturday):

This technical process appears to have been lost on Johnson and his nominees, who were under the mistaken belief they could be automatically re-vetted every six months without needing to be renominated as long as they announced they were standing down before the election.

Sponsored Links
Back