Boris Johnson asked me to intervene in honours list, says Rishi Sunak

I stopped listening to R5L many years ago: the sanctimonious soapbox whining of Nicky Campbell was far too irritating in the morning and then Robbie Savage had to retire and pollute the airwaves on the 6.06 football show. And, to cap it all, they killed off Danny Baker on saturday morning; the only thing left to make it worth turning in.

I think Nicky Campbell is / was capable of so much more, but there was only so much he could do with the target audience.

Danny Baker; fully agree, he was a wonderful, witty, and knowledgeable presenter.

Sponsored Links
I think Nicky Campbell is / was capable of so much more, but there was only so much he could do with the target audience.

Danny Baker; fully agree, he was a wonderful, witty, and knowledgeable presenter.
His Morning Edition show in the 90s was great listening on the way to work

I wish someone had taken up Danny Bakers idea for monkey tennis: i mean, c'mon man! who doesn't want to watch a monkey beat de Piffle at a charity tennis match.

Despising megalomanic liars such as Boris, or Trump or Putin, is entirely rational boyo.
If you are genuinely interested in mental health, give filly and MBK the number of your therapist. (y)
Not bad for you noseall, see carmans humour bypass is still in full operational mode.

Sponsored Links
He's still smarting from me taking the p*** out of his legal knowledge. He doesn't like to be wrong, which is why he tries to avoid original thought. It mostly works, but he comes across like a kind of angry Trigger from only fools and horses.

Last edited:
It is now being claimed that Johnson was told in February, that his nominees wouldn't get peerages unless they stood down as MPs, and that it was his job to let them know. The implication is that he didn't tell them. Although, I can't see what his motivation for not telling them would be.

It is now being claimed that Johnson was told in February, that his nominees wouldn't get peerages unless they stood down as MPs, and that it was his job to let them know. The implication is that he didn't tell them. Although, I can't see what his motivation for not telling them would be.
Its the norm to offer peerages to (soon to be) former MPs, it doesnt follow that this was a promise. More spin from tne bj camp.

Blup

Seems that somebody (possibly called Nadine) has grassed up Bernard Jenkin, a Tory MP on the privileges committee for attending a drinks party in Parliament during lockdown.
The matter has been referred to the Chair Harriet Harman.

So at least one of the committee who voted for Boris's downfall was knowingly guilty of the same crime.

This will end up with the entire privileges committee investigating each other, maybe they'll all have to resign.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seems that somebody (possibly called Nadine) has grassed up Bernard Jenkin, a Tory MP on the privileges committee for attending a drinks party in Parliament during lockdown.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oops!

Was it a birthday party for his wife?

So at least one of the committee who voted for Boris's downfall was knowingly guilty of the same crime.

This will end up with the entire privileges committee investigating each other, maybe they'll all have to resign.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
You accepting, at last, that Boris was guilty ?

Will you ever accept it?

I accept that what occurred wasn't a good look, but I've always tempered that by the fact these are a group of people who worked together all day, kept the govt functioning under difficult conditions, but, a few drinks at the end of the day to celebrate a birthday or to bid farewell to a departing colleague, is it really a crime if they've (or at least some of them) worked together all day (possibly with minor precautions).

If it is a crime, great, let's get Starmer back in the interrogation room and lets overturn the findings of the select committee on the basis they've all been 'at it'.

This was and is a witch hunt, and it's coming back to bite the perpetrators on the bum.

Sponsored Links
Back