Boris pulls it off again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly the best G7 ever?

I thought Cornwall was the wrong place for the G7 and the lack of a single large venue big enough to accommodate everything would make it too dis-jointed.

Instead it's been amazing, I've enjoyed reading about it as much as the guests seemed to enjoy going to our best places. I had no Idea the Queen would be arriving at my local station until I heard about it an hour after she drove past the end of my road on her way to a reception at the Eden Project. Supper in the Mediterranean Biome prepared by a local chef.
Barbeque at the Hidden Hut on Portcurnick beach, on the Roseland Peninsular, a ladies afternoon at the Minack Theatre for a performance by schoolchildren who were only told an hour before who they were performing for.
Barbeques and paddling in the sea at Carbis Bay, a tour of the potential lithium mining area.

Well done Boris and well done Cornwall.(y)

Sponsored Links
Yes lucky we are still not in the EU

as we have to host one of those get togethers

and than have to reimburse all the hotel owners for the fixtures and fittings that would have been pilfered out of the hotels by various delegations
:mrgreen:

I sincerely hope BJ has not been spending his time planning paddling trips, he has another pointless book to write

Sponsored Links
Who needs those crowded foreign beaches with their lookie lookie men pestering you every five minutes. Glorious weather and a glorious part of the country. If there wasn’t so many tourists, I’d be tempted to pop down there myself. It’s in danger of becoming a victim of its own success. Our friends inherited a place in Rock and they keep telling us to go there. We will one day.

Luckily the EU funded the airport to allow them to land, the broadband to allow them to communicate, the A30 to allow them to travel, and the Eden Project where they held the shindig.

Then Jill Biden and Mrs Boris visited the Minack Open Air Theatre, after which the Culture Secretary claimed as a success due to government hand outs. However the Minack received no such help.

Luckily the EU funded the airport to allow them to land, the broadband to allow them to communicate, the A30 to allow them to travel, and the Eden Project where they held the shindig.
Luckily they had our contribution to help towards it then.

Who needs those crowded foreign beaches with their lookie lookie men pestering you every five minutes. Glorious weather and a glorious part of the country. If there wasn’t so many tourists, I’d be tempted to pop down there myself. It’s in danger of becoming a victim of its own success. Our friends inherited a place in Rock and they keep telling us to go there. We will one day.

Around 12 years since I was last there, I began going in the 1960's and walking. I walked past the Minack many times, walked most of the coast over the years. It just became too crowded in summer.

Possibly the best G7 ever?

I thought Cornwall was the wrong place
Fantastic part of the world and much underrated. Hilariously - Biden could not bring one of his poxy American gas guzzlers over to ferry him around, as the country lanes of Cornwall were too small.

My sprogs, my wife and me and all our friends have had some stunning holidays in Cornwall.

Then Jill Biden and Mrs Boris visited the Minack Open Air Theatre, after which the Culture Secretary claimed as a success due to government hand outs. However the Minack received no such help.

Why do you ruin it with facts? Shame on you. /s

Last time I was down there the place was strewn with large project billboards stating 'funded by the EU'...

But they still stupidly voted brexit...

Do they really think they'll get the same regional funding from the nasty party? :rolleyes:

the brexit referendum is long gone, and we are required to put up with whatever damage our government drops on us.

The rabid brexer generation will also be gone by the time the country changes direction

Sponsored Links
Back