Boris skipped 5 Cobra meetings. Austerity, incompetebce and hubris.

So what’s your problem with Boris missing them?

It's no problem due to how the gov actually works especially this one. Cobras are being run by the minister who is the front man for what ever department is being discussed. Having Boris there makes no real difference. The information presented and the conclusions would just be the same. The PM's job is to summarise and get agreement. This lot have stated that they all work cohesively. Also that they want him back as he is very good at talking.

:) Take heart though. Just to satisfy some of he public news reported Boris has said he is concerned about the lock down ending too soon. Exactly the same as they have been saying for some time now. The fact that he says it may help people stick to it and indicate that things work as people are inclined to think they do.

Sponsored Links
Take heart though. Just to satisfy some of he public news reported Boris has said he is concerned about the lock down ending too soon. Exactly the same as they have been saying for some time now. The fact that he says it may help people stick to it and indicate that things work as people are inclined to think they do.
What are you rambling on about?

I read somewhere its 53 unofficially. I see in Italy it's over 100 so what ever they're doing it's just as bad. I agree its wrong losing just one. What we still don't understand is the viral loading and how different people react to the virus. Are there people with a typical genetical or antibody makeup who are just sitting ducks to this who will die with just the faintest of exposure we don't know. And despite all the studies so far it seems we know jack sh't. 1metre no 2 no we don't need masks they're almost as dangerous, actually if you have them wear them no maybe it depends on who is wearing them. WTAF this is coming from WHO. I shall forward something i was sent recently which sums up the shambles advice.

As was said before the issue right now is resolving the issues not starting a blame game which will certainly not help us resolve the issues!

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/covid-19-memorial/

We are up to 105

Sponsored Links
And Italy are already past 100 too i agree it's grim and sad reading but we must also understand if some of those who die were ultra sensitive to the disease or was it due to consistent viral loading, or how 'reactive' someones immune system is to covid-19.

Put it this way would you put a person with a severe peanut allergy into a peanut factory to work, even with a decent face mask, you would fear sooner or later the 'loading' or peanut dust may well induce anaphylactic shock and kill them. See where im coming from here? Despite me being a bit simple ;)

This theory is what's been debated amongst people ive spoken to... we have no clear idea.

Just like bashing the government about ventilators they are not the holy grail, we also need to understand first how covid19 is affecting different people i agree ultra protection measures need to be taken to protect our staff, but there's an underlying potential here we haven't investigated, it could be certain staff should absolutely NOT be in the front line like expectant women for example who may have over reactive immune systems causing cytokine and death.

Last edited:
IIRC, expectant women have a toned-down immune system, to stop them aborting their (half, not their genes) foetus.
Well..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4459512/

"Before the advent of antibiotic agents, pregnancy was a recognized risk factor for severe complications of pneumococcal pneumonia, including death.1 The influenza pandemic of 2009 provided a more recent reminder that certain infections may disproportionately affect pregnant women. Are pregnant women at increased risk for acquiring infections?"

Uhoh! So whilst the immune system transitions to accommodate the half n half ie partner cells there is an increase in immunity defence.. could this cause an over reaction?

https://theconversation.com/how-pregnancy-changes-womens-metabolism-and-immune-systems-121893

"Monocytes (a type of white blood cell) become more active, for example, while neutrophils (another type of white blood cell) increase in number. Both of these cell types play a role in defending the body against bacteria, fungi and viruses."

What if other people have a disproportionate active count, which triggers the wrong reaction which ends up killing them.

Seems it depends on the stage of pregnancy....

Overdrive

Suppressed

Normal

https://www.familyeducation.com/immune-system-pregnancy-step-step-guide
Possibly but my point is as illustrated in the example people who seem quite normal could be hypersensitive to covid19 like a peanut allergy they should absolutely not be dealing with patients infected. But we have no means of testing or confirming and a mask and PPE would not necessarily mitigate much of that risk.

Have you not seen his February speech where he looked forward to making a profit out of keeping going when other countries closed down to protect their citizens?
Problem is cummings hadn't yet told him that we don't make much of what the world needs!

We are brilliant at research in the UK, but the tories love to sell everything off to the highest (usually foreign) bidder!

Sponsored Links
Back