Boron based wood treatments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm looking to treat my new shed and soon to be constructed kids playhouse. I've been looking at the toxicity of all the treatments, none make it clear but having looked around came across the boron based ones.

Wykabor makes various types and there is one called Ecosote as well, but as a whole they aren't available off the shelf in most diy shops as far as i can see. The downside from what i can see is that it leaches from the wood over time.

Cuprinol, Sadolin, Ronseal etc have lots of synthetic insecticides and anti-mould/fungal chemicals but they obviously leach over time otherwise they wouldn't need re-applying every 1-5 years.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with Boron treatments? Very grateful for info as the web has very little strangely!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Tanalised is safe its just copper the same thing as water pipes are made from

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back