Borrowed Light Panels / Leaded Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if we have borrowed lights or leaded lights, but over every internal door in our house is a glass panel in a separate wooden frame, criss crossed with wire inside the glass. They are horrible and look like what you have in schools!

I have a couple of questions. Would it be easier to get a) new doors (as we need to replace them too) or b) nice stained or frosted glass panels put in instead.

We need the cheapest and easiest option to get rid of these horrible glass frames - any ideas?! Thanks

Sponsored Links
a pic would help, but if the wire is in the glass it is georgian wired glass. perhaps the doors did come from a school?

since you want to change the doors, why do the job twice, glass and then doors, change the doors in the first place

could you tell me the size of the panes in your doors and how many do you have. i have old pine doors that where the glass was at the top of the door they have been replaced with wood and i would like to put leaded light into them. my door measurements aare 24" x 6", can you help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back