Bosch 1200 Washer (2005 year of manufacture)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Damage has occurred to the drum / door seal (it's been breached in a few places on the door skirt inside nr the drum) by what I guess to be the spinning drum (maybe also with some foreign matter that was in the clothes).

Also as there is more noise emitting from the washing machine during the spin cycle I decided to inspect the washer inside. I only removed the "top" and looked inside to find both top springs intact and with reasonable tension. But the bottom struts seemed to have a fair bit of play in them. The drum will rock (forward and backwards) approximately 2" (full play front to back) which I'm unsure if this is normal for the amount of play front to back. When at full extent the ballast weight on the top does not touch the solenoid at the cable entry at the back but it does come close (within .75 of an inch say). There is no damage to the solenoid therefore the ballast weight has not touched it at any time.

As the door seal has been breached in a few places I wondering wether or not to replace the door seal only and see what happens. But I'm reluctant to do this and find that due to excess play in the struts underneath that it damages the replacement door seal again!

It may have been down to debris in the wash cycle but I'm uncertain.

Any experiences out there would be appreciated.

Don't have full model number yet but will post it later on.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back