Bosch 12v PSB-VS2 drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to get a replacement battery for a 12v PSB 12 VSP-2 drill (12v 1,4ah). However, the Bosch spare parts service does not have this part. I have been offered another battery that is 1.3ah and 1.5ah. Does this matter? Which one is better? Will it harm the drill? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome leighv

no will not harm the drill the a h[amp hour ]is your fuel tank the more fuel the longer it goes on

How much is the battery ? My bosch cordless drill battery was nearly £73 ! and the new drill cost £89. Depending on how much it is and age, then weigh the disadvantage. Mind you this was a few years ago so maybe the battery are cheaper now.

I've never done this, but I've got an article in a magazine which shows how you can replace the batteries inside with standard ones which are available at Maplins. The picture shows a battery from a Bosch drill.
1102959638_battery.jpg

Sponsored Links
the trouble with doing that (changing batts your self) is you must get same physical size and capacity, then you have to consider how are you going to open "old battery case" so that you can close it again.

sometimes (and it is a a shame) buy a new drill

Ok, but the drill makers don't design their own batteries, they use standard size/capacity ones. I've got 2 battery drills, one ELU and one Bosch, which both have abs battery cases. The case will open with a dremel and can be closed with abs solvent cement. Masona has pointed out that the price of a new battery is a bit of a rip-off compared to the price of a new drill which can still be in good condition. I'm a retired engineer myself so this does appeal to me, and there is nothing to lose if it goes wrong when you open the case.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
just over 12% longer 1.5 plus 12%=1.68 ah so if your battery at 1.5 does 100 screws you 1.7 will do about 113 screws before recharging although the difference is slightly greater than that because the percentage of power required to operate the machine is the same eg you may get another 1 or 2% more 115 screws :LOL: ;)
just check your charger is ok with the higher capacity should be ok but worth checking if its the blue range pretty shure its ok but check

Where can I find this "blue range"??

Also - there seems to be a difference between a and ah. Judging by what was said earlier - ah is the amount of charge - where as I am guessing that a is the amps and how much power it delivers. How do I know what a my previous battery was/is? How do I know what "a" (amp?) should I buy?

all mesurements are the output of the battery

a and ah are the same its just you dont have to worry about them it just away to standardise [like the apr on a morgage or loan]
so 1.7 ah means at a constant demand for 1 amp it will last for 1.7 hours
the battery is capable of giving as few watts and as many amps[within reason ]that the motor requires

dont worry to much the only thing i think you may have to worry about is the chargers abbility to charge a larger ah battery i think it will be ok but i dont actualy know for definate

the blue range are the big boys toys
http://www.toolstation.com/messages.html?closeUp=61215

i only mentioned the blue range because the the chargers can charge from 7.2v to 24v so they obviously have circitry to detect the voltage of the battery

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back