Broken Blue Bosch Drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst doing a large amount of drilling into masonary my bosch 12v hammer drill had a slight unusual smell to it. After taking out the battery to recharge it and replacing it the drill totally failed. This is a two part query.

1) Any ideas where to get the drill repaired if it is possible to repair them, Im based north Hampshire.

2) Any ideas on the cause of the problem.

Sponsored Links
Did you take the newly flattened battery and charge it straight away? I'm only asking because you're not supposed to charge a hot battery. Maybe you killed it.
You get that smell when you're working a drill too hard - let it rest every once in a while to cool down.
Gcol

heeelllooo graystar and welcome :LOL: :D

did you have a second battery to try the drill with!!!!!!
or are you unsure if its the battery or drill or a possible mixture off both

how old is the drill!!!!!!! is it withing g /tee period
i suspect repairs will be uneconomical

does your charger have a faulty battery indication!!!!

Sponsored Links
The drill battery is fine it works in the 12v drill/driver possibly a switch problem, I have resisted the temptation to take it apart and dropped it off at a repair shop, I await the bill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back