Help choose new drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My trusty hard working Bosch hammer drill finally packed in, so I need another one.

I have a handy sized battery powered drill, but for masonary drilling, a slightly larger one will be better. For the few jobs, I intend to do in the future, I don't mind chorded one, then I won't have to look after it's battery.

Any suggestions please

Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
If your Bosch did everything you needed it to then same again - try and get a blue (pro) one rather than green (DIY).

If your Bosch did everything you needed it to then same again - try and get a blue (pro) one rather than green (DIY).
Hi C,
No reason not to buy the same one, it was green, and helped me restore a house, with thick solid walls that needed drilling and injecting, so cheaper prefered, as I'm not intending for me or the drill to work that hard ever again:)
C.

Sponsored Links
The old green Bosch drills were excellent but price means quality suffers now (no criticism of Bosch in particular but a general observation) so don’t exclude a blue Bosch, makita or dewalt or other professional make.

Also you need to decide whether an SDS or percussion drill would suit.

Blup

Attachments

• Blocked.jpg
    Blocked.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 239
The old green Bosch drills were excellent but price means quality suffers now (no criticism of Bosch in particular but a general observation) so don’t exclude a blue Bosch, makita or dewalt or other professional make.

Also you need to decide whether an SDS or percussion drill would suit.

Blup
Hi B,
Ok, I won't exclude them, but I am biased towards cheaper and the saving will go on something I'll use more.
Not SDS, all of my drills are simple. ( They work in the lathe and bench drill)
Thanks, C.

purchased one of them and the same make jigsaw,sales operative told me (they were not trade rated but ok for light diy) think that was a warning they were crap.Both tools have their limitations :cautious: and worked fine.the drill is light weight,so very useful in some situations.

dont need it now,was purchased whilst on holiday to repair the hotel :D

i would say its an Ok diy/project drill,just use sharp drill bits and dont force it (y) 20180701_162143.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back