Bosch 1400 Classixx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Classixx 1400 washing machine, last night when being used it made a strange sound, this morning I checked it, when empty, and it appears there is a metal rubbing sound between the inner drum and outer casing. The drum still revolves but I am wary of using it in case something has broken. All the normal drain holes appear intact on the drum, any thoughts anyone?

Sponsored Links
Take the belt off, open the door & check for slack by lifting the drum up/down by hand. Then rotate the drum & listen.
If there is up/down slack, or the drum makes a grinding/rumbling sound then the bearings are shot. If the drum has very little slack & it makes a tinny/scraping sound when you rotate it there may be a bra-wire (or some other object) stuck between the drum & tub.
If you find no slack & no noises from the drum with the belt off then check the motor by rotating it by hand.
If you are lucky it is a bra-wire or similar (fairly easy to remedy). If it is the bearings...well that's a whole different ballgame :cry:

Thanks for your reply and you were spot on. After twisting and jigging about I found the bra wire. This was removed and so far no ill effects.
Thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back