Bosch Classixx 1400 tripped RCD now drum not turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our Bosch washing machine (WFO2867GB/01 FD - 8505 600573)tripped the RCD a couple of times, and eventually got through the cycle but the drum hadn't turned.

I read through all of the postings here and changed the brushes, which were down to about 10mm, but it made no difference. I then emptied the filter, which did have some coins and a bra wire, but I couldn't see if it had been stopping the pump, although the pump had been emptying the water so I don't think so.

I found another website which recommended blowing down the pressure tube, but that wasn't blocked.

I saw somewhere about 3 'pairs' of terminals to be checked, but my motor connector has 8, only 7 of which are connected on the terminal block, what should I check on here?

A local repair firm say it sounds like a new motor, which isn't worth the repair.

Any ideas?

any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
If it tripped the rcd there is an earth fault someplace (the bra wire may have damaged the heater element before it found it's way into the filter). You really need to megger test the electrical components to locate an earth fault correctly. If you don't have an electrical background maybe it would be wise to call qualified assistance. DIY on faulty appliances can cost you dearly :eek:
Regarding the motor issue: I suppose you have already checked to see if the drive belt is in place? A fault in the drive circuit on your model would be accompanied by the following led status: spinning led ON, rinsing led OFF, washing led ON. The fault could have several causes; motor brushes (already ruled out by you), no tacho signal, short circuit triac, or a defective reversing relay. I doubt if the motor itself has an earth fault but you never know. If my memory serves me correctly there is an overload device (klixon type) fitted in the motor brush assembly inside your motor. This could have tripped, which would signal motor failure.
Unless you know an electrician my best advice is call a service technician to identify & repair the fault correctly.

Hi
May I ask , if you have now fixed the fault . as I have got the same problem with my washing machine ( WFO2867GB/15) today.
And have just started to take the washing machine apart, and am going to replace the brushes on the motor first,, any advise would be a great help,
Regards

Sponsored Links
Bemuzeduk only posted once. That was on Jan 29th 2010...over a year ago. If he hasn't resolved the issue by now he never will.
What symptoms do you have & what kind of advice do you need?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back