Bosch Classixx dishwasher not emptying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I was looking at this machine for a friend because there were a couple of inches of dirty water left in the bottom at the end of the wash. Took out the filters and cleaned - not too bad - and then removed the L-shaped piece that's held in with a Torx screw to have a look at the small horizontally mounted impeller (the pump-drain I think). Looked like it should have half a dozen or more blades, but only two were left, the rest had obviously sheared off. I'm guessing that this is the cause of the problem.

I'm about to order the spare part (0460) for this machine (version SRS53C02GB/28 ) from Bosch, but before I do, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how you actually go about replacing this part - the woman at Bosch spares didn't know. Is it straightforward?

Also, is there anything else that it might be worth looking at/checking while I'm replacing the part - I'm wondering whether the blades might have got lodged somewhere sensitive!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If it has a metal plate underneath remove that and you can get access to the drain pump.

If it is the type with a solid plastic base then you access it by removing the front bottom panels (kick strip and metal plate behind it) the pump is a twist fit to the left of the middle and has a locking lug that needs to be prised gently to enable it to rotate.

had this problem a few months ago with my bosch dishwasher. it turned out that the other end of the outlet pipe where it connected inti the sink waste was blocked by debris.

Disconnect that and have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back