Bosch Classixx Fridge/freezer (Bottom freezer)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

Wonder if anyone can help - before I call a Comet engineer out and they skin me for £120+

I have a tall-standing Bosch fridge freezer that's making a really bad noise, something akin to a low grinding.

The fridge temperature is at 12C which is up from the usual 8C, but there is no water leaking. The other thing is, the frozen goods don't look that frozen, with the set temp. standing at 18C.

There's definitely something wrong with it. Does it need defrosting? It's a frost-free appliance, though.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Had a similar problem once, but I don't recall the exact fridge freezer make/model. It was ice around a fan that circulated chilled air around the freezer. The cause was leaving the door open :oops:
It was cured by de-frosting.

Might be worth checking the door seals are doing their job properly.

The frost-free sometimes gets an ice or frost blockage in the circulating or drainage tubes, which prevents it working properly.

In this case, you have to turn off, unload and defrost it manually, until water stops dripping into the plastic dish you will find, at the back, on top of the motor housing.

You can wipe out this dish with kitchen roll as it gets quite dirty. that enabes you to mop out the dirty water.

Once it is defosted, give the inside a clean, refill, and turn back on.

You can store your frozen food, double-wrapped, tightly packed into cardboard boxes, and they will stay frozen for long enough for the defrost to complete.

Leaving the door open is one of the causes of excessive frosting.

my favorate when baskets or drawers are involved is
duvet or blankets on the floor lay baskets on top cover with further duvet or blankets

if you only have one duvet make shure it goes on top

Sponsored Links
Rivanski said:
Hi There

Wonder if anyone can help - before I call a Comet engineer out and they skin me for £120+

I have a tall-standing Bosch fridge freezer that's making a really bad noise, something akin to a low grinding.

The fridge temperature is at 12C which is up from the usual 8C, but there is no water leaking. The other thing is, the frozen goods don't look that frozen, with the set temp. standing at 18C.

There's definitely something wrong with it. Does it need defrosting? It's a frost-free appliance, though.

Thanks.

Freezer should be Zero.
You dont need to call comet if its not under warranty, call who you like

If Celsius, then zero is not cold enough. I think he means -18C

+18C is a room temperature.

Lads

Thanks very much for all your help.

Will try each and every suggstion individually.

Mr John D - is this plastic dish you speak of, on top of the motor housing, accessible without taking the back off the freezer?

PS - My wife may be the culprit in all this - she left the door open for hours one time and I think the evaporator fan may have badly iced fins.
But then again, I make radio programmes and lack basic survival skills like fixing a fridge.

yes, you just pull the FF away from the wall and get on your knees, you will see it.

Unplug it first.

you can use a vac brush to clear dust off the coils while you are at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back