Bosch Classixx Washing Machine - No fast spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi have a Bosch Classixx washing machine, about 4 years old (will have to find out the actual model). All of a sudden over the weekend, after two washloads, it just didn't want to do a fast spin cycle.

This has happened the odd time in the past, and all I have done before is take the cover off the front botton right, unscrew the cap and drain the water. Never really taken aything out of there apart from a little but of wet fluff!

This time though it has not worked, still not doing a fast spin. Even tried putting it on a 90 wash (apparently to clear any blockages). No use.

I read a lot about bushes needing replacing but the drum does rotate for the other parts of the wash cycle, just not on it's fast spin!!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The fact the motor turns in wash mode does not rule them out of being a problem in spin mode where the load is a lot higher. Checking the brushes & commutator(it may just need the com & brush holders cleaning) is the best starting point for your problem.

Ok, so just got home and confirm its a Bosch Clasixx 1200 S Express, unscrewed the central plate on the back, could see back of the drum and belt down to the motor. Seemed a little wobbly than expected, but I guess the drum does have some give.

Problem: how do you get to the motor? From underneath? Or can I get the metal casing off surround the whole machine. Don't get how you get to the motor and bushes.............Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Ok, so managed to get the machine on it's side, remove the motor, and took one of the brushes out, had been worn down to under 2cm in length, reckon this is enough to cause the machine not to fast spin?

I have ordered some replacements.

Out of curiosity, what would an engineer charge (on average) to do have done this job?

If they have worn down to different lengths then it suggests that they may be sticking in the holders & therefore not having equal pressure applied to each brush. This would definitely cause your problem so ensure that the new brushes slide easily in & out of the holders before you fit the springs.

ok, before i put these new brushes in, how do i clean down in the holders? can i use wd40? toothbrush or something, if it fits.....??

Yes, use a small brush to dislodge any carbon build up & perhaps blow out or vac up any loose crap in the area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back