Bosch dishwasher keeps filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dishwasher is bosch SGS4012GB/01

My dishwasher kept tripping on the end of each cycle. I assumed it would be something to do with the drain pump as it was the end of the cycle so I took all panels off and inspected wiring and water bladder.
SmartSelect_20210923-193536_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210923-193506_Gallery.jpg

As you can see the pressure chamber was filthy and where I marked on the top left of the bladder was completely full of black gunk. I've cleaned everything including the pipe that joins the pressure chamber. Now i reassembled everything and gave it go It keeps on filling till the overflow float hits the lever causing it to drain then fills and keeps repeating this process.

So my drain pump is working . I can turn the dial to different parts of the cycle and it no longer trips. If I engage the blue lever on the pressure chamber it will start the cycle I'm guessing it something to do with this also there is no water on the bottom of the machine

So I don't have enough pressure in my system ? , the pressure chamber works I blew into it and it engages the blue lever. I have seen online similar issues with a faulty flow meter (impeller jug) online so I'm unsure on what the issue is hopefully someone can shed some light I also find it strange that it no longer trips

Thanks

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210923-193445_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210923-193445_Gallery.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 137
Sponsored Links
You don't have an impellor jug on yours the fill level is controlled by the pressure chamber. You say you have cleaned the ribbed pipe with the o ring going from the pressure chamber to the sump, did you take it right off because a blockage in there gives you the issue you are having. If you remove the lower door panel if not already done so and the front lower access cover that pipe will come right off.

You don't have an impellor jug on yours the fill level is controlled by the pressure chamber. You say you have cleaned the ribbed pipe with the o ring going from the pressure chamber to the sump, did you take it right off because a blockage in there gives you the issue you are having. If you remove the lower door panel if not already done so and the front lower access cover that pipe will come right off.
Hi , yes pipe was taken off completely cleaned so no issue with a blockage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back