Bosch dishwasher - no water coming through arms and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - I would be very grateful for advice on a problem with my Bosch dishwasher, model SPS2462GB/19.
It fills and drains ok, but no water is coming out of the 2 rotating arms and the water in the bottom of the dishwasher is not being heated up. The timer seems to be operating in as much as it turns around at the normal rate (as far as I can tell), and the machine fills and drains at various points. The detergent block gets released from the holder. This was a sudden failure.
I am not averse to taking the machine to bits to try and fix it, there's not much to lose at this stage, given its age - the machine is 10 years old.
Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
From the info given,it sounds like your main motor is not running.
If your timer goes round,it means the heater's o.k.
Without circulation,you wont feel any heat,but the 'stat will.
If no motor-action,likely to be the little relay/starter on side of motor.

Does the circulation pump start up

If not could be start capacitor gone low in value

Try checking the spray arms if you are not sure by aligning them front to rear and turn on appliance, if the arms remain in the same position circulation pump is not running or spray arms could be blocked.

Many thanks to Handymaniam and Leccy758 for their replies. Looks like there was no circulation. I dismantled the machine but there were no blockages, nothing visibly wrong, so it looks like the motor was not operating for whatever reason. I have taken the decision to cut my losses at this stage given the age of the machine, the price of parts and more than a little doubt as to whether I could ever reassemble the blooming thing in less than a week. Also in order to keep on the good side of 'er indoors not wanting to spend any more days without a dishwasher. So we've ordered a new one and the old one has gone to the tip.
Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored Links
Also in order to keep on the good side of 'er indoors not wanting to spend any more days without a dishwasher. So we've ordered a new one and the old one has gone to the tip.
Thanks again for your help.

wise men are honest about their abilities or lack of them :LOL: think you made a good one here :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back