Bosch dishwasher not filling & its not the inlet valve!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bosch SRS46A02GB/08 about 4 years old and no water is getting in despite checking hoses, supply and replacing the inlet valve.

The module has also been tested and is fine.

The drain pump works if I fill the machine manually and then abort a wash cycle.
The drain pump is also triggered by raising the red rod on the left hand side of the machine until the microswitch clicks. The microswitch on the pressure switch on the left hand side seems to switch too....

Any suggestions where to look next?

Thanks in advance for replies....

Sponsored Links
clean the matrix on the side ,its got a load of gunge in it and the transfer hose from sump to matrix.

Todays update seems to be one step forward and one step back!

Thanks rocks1! I took the manifold off and removed the "pressure chamber". This was sludged up with black gunk so I prised it apart and cleaned it with boiling water & a toothbrush.

Put it all back and grinned as the manifold filled up with water and then emptied slowly down into the sump as I assume it is supposed to? ':D'
Then I waited, and waited with the grin fading and waited with a frown by now. After a few minutes I hit the reset and it drained.

Tried again and just the same - fills fine now but no washing.

When I first started on this, if I filled the sump with water from the kettle it would pump it round and wash properly but since I sent the module off for testing it hasn't done it since?

The pump motor gets very warm. I don't think thats good. ':('

Any help appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Err...No ':oops:'

Having found lots of gunk in the pressure chamber I just cleaned that.

Now the symptoms have changed is this pipe still a likely cause or should I now be checking the pump motor?

Thanks..

check the pipe , does the motor spin they do get hot .

The pipe seemed OK and the sump fills fine.

I checked (carefully) with a meter and after filling there is 240V on the pump and it just hums quietly. I can't see anything turning but what would you see from the back?

Thinking about it, when I was testing I may have tried to run it without the filters in. ':oops:' The pump was working fine when I started trying to get it to fill!

How do I get to the impellor - it looks a nightmare!

Can anyone explain the circulation route the water follows? That would help me work out what's going on.

Thanks....

the circulation pump is on the right hand side ,that should spin round to push the water though the spray arms .if you chuck water in the sump does it spray round .total strip down to access this part not a easy job some one posted the part on here from cassa parts cost 20 quid bosch want 100.00 .

I can see the pump on the right hand side. I don't think it's turning but most of what I can see is the case.

I don't need to chuck water in - it fills itself now thanks to your help! But no, it doesn't pump it round....

It's more likely that there is something in the way stopping it turning rather than a dead pump?

Thanks....

If you look in the end of the circulation pump you can see a fan blade, this will rotate when the pump is running.
If the pump is not running but is making a humming noise or getting warm then it could be the motor capacitor has gone low in value.

I can't see anything turning in there but I can't make out anything that looks like a fan blade either!

It is humming & getting warm and definitely has 240V across it!

Where is the capacitor and does it need the motor to be removed?

Thanks....

the fan is blade can just be seen looking in the back of the motor through one of the chassis holes, looks like an aluminium plate with small pieces sticking straight out.

The capacitor is usually mounted on the left hand side of the circ pump motor and is usually a 6 to 8 micro farad cap.

If the fan is what I'm pointing to here I thought it was part of the motor case. It seems like part of it when I try and spin it by pushing it round with a screwdriver.

I guess if it's stuck that hard then the pump is stuffed?
If getting at it is as difficult as implied earlier in the thread I'll find a repairer that charges a flat fee with parts included!

Any better ideas?

Thanks for the link rocks1 but how do I get at it to replace???

Looks like it's a real big job!

Thanks....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back